Trackpad & mouse hypersensitivity

Reaction score
On my iMac running Sonoma 14.4.1 both devices have become ultra sensitive, they select and drag items on the desktop that I haven’t selected and stick on others and will not let go!
I have adjusted the tracking speed and disabled Tap to click without a result and DetectX hasn’t found any malware.
This is very frustrating as it’s nearly impossible to control anything. Any ideas pleas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you restarted? Or at least shut down the computer, then restart?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
On my iMac running Sonoma 14.4.1 both devices have become ultra sensitive...
Not sure what sort of input devices you're using ("both" was mentioned)...but if either is older and/or has mechanical moving parts in them...they could be dirty.

-Nick

OP
Gren
Reaction score
Not sure what sort of input devices you're using ("both" was mentioned)...but if either is older and/or has mechanical moving parts in them...they could be dirty.

-Nick
Apple bluetooth trackpad, which I use mostly, and Magic Mouse, both clean.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
How is the battery level? Do they need to be charged? Or are they the older models that takes replaceable batteries?

OP
Gren
Reaction score
How is the battery level? Do they need to be charged? Or are they the older models that takes replaceable batteries?
Trackpad 76%, mouse 93%. The trackpad takes AA batteries, the mouse charges from the mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.